June 3rd, 2019
Jumpstart your next mobile development projects by networking with your local community and getting the latest updates about Xamarin and .NET related technologies. Discover upcoming developer events happening in June, including conferences around the world all summer long!
A full list of developer engagements can be found through our Community page. There you will find new Meetups, links to Github and StackOverflow, as well as the developer Twitter, Gitter, and Facebook pages. As always, we encourage you to tweet @XamarinEvents to promote your upcoming Xamarin and .NET related events.
Xamarin Community Standup
Join the Xamarin PM and Engineering teams for their .NET Community Standup live stream this Thursday at 10AM (Pacific). Each month the team covers all of the great community contributions including blogs, presentations, and awesome libraries. This month they have a special guest, Jon Dick, from the Xamarin components team who will be showing off the work that team has been doing for AndroidX.
Mobile Developer Events in June:
- Redmond, WA. USA | .NET Developers Association – Eastside: Building iOS and Android Apps with .NET and Xamarin
- Seattle, WA. USA | .NET Developers Association – Westside: Building iOS and Android Apps with .NET and Xamarin
- Norfolk, VA. USA | Hampton Roads .NET Users Group: Introducing Azure DevOps! Or Docker, .NET Core, and Azure DevOps; Oh My
- New York, NY. USA | NYC .NET Developers: ML.NET In Action
- Cape Town, South Africa | Cape Town MS Developer User Group (@CPTMSDUG): Global Devops Bootcamp in Cape Town
- Toronto, ON. Canada | Toronto Mobile .NET Developers Group: Office Hours – With Allan Ritchie
- Minneapolis, MN. USA | Minnesota Enterprise Mobile: Push Notifications in Xamarin.Forms Using Azure Notification Hub
All Summer Long
- In Person & Online | Visual Studio LIVE!: Proud to be one of the most respected, longest-standing independent conferences, bringing folks together for intense developer education on the Microsoft Stack, knowledge-sharing, and networking for over 25 years.
All Month Long
- Global | Visual Studio 2019 Launch Events: The Visual Studio team is partnering with organizers around the globe to bring you local, in-person launch events through the end of June. Join your fellow developers in a city near you to learn more about Visual Studio 2019.
- Global | Microsoft Build Viewing Parties 2019: Come to a local viewing party and join your fellow developers in a city near you to view the Microsoft Build live stream. Hear about the latest developer tools and technologies, connect with peers, and have fun!
- Orlando, FL. USA | DevIntersection: Get updates to Visual Studio, new versions of Angular, and incremental changes to C# as well as ASP.NET Core. Learn about all the tools, technologies, and techniques to boost your productivity and take advantage of the latest capabilities in the modern Microsoft stack!
- München, Germany | Expert Day for Xamarin: Experts and speakers from around the world sharing their knowledge and experience about the latest and greatest for Xamarin.
- Houston, TX. USA | Xamarin Developer Summit: Join enthusiasts, professionals, and companies who share your passion for Xamarin, and want to get a read on what the current and future state of the Platform is from the leading voices in the community.
The .NET ecosystem is continuously growing and empowering developers to create amazing applications. Join us as we take a look at the APIs, the tooling, and some of the interesting projects being created in the .NET ecosystem.
- Browse through Channel 9’s On .NET for tons of great content.
The Xamarin Show is all about native cross-platform mobile development for iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows with Xamarin. Join your host James Montemagno and his guests as they discuss building mobiles apps, integrating SDKs, extending mobile apps, and the latest Xamarin news. They also cover awesome apps mobile developers are building, and so much more.
- Tune into The Xamarin Show to create amazing applications.
Keep up with the latest in mobile and cloud development with the official Visual Studio Mobile Developer podcast. Join your hosts Matt Soucoup and James Montemagno as they discuss the latest and greatest in native cross-platform mobile and cloud development in C#, Xamarin, and Azure.
- Subscribe to the Xamarin Podcast for monthly updates.
Join us for special Microsoft events, training opportunities, and talk shows with some of the folks that build the Microsoft tools and frameworks. We’ll also host channels from technical community members that we know you’ll find interesting.
- Learn more about .NET, .NET Core, and Visual Studio through the Visual Studio Twitch.
- Follow Jeff Fritz on Twitch to watch him write .NET code live for websites and applications.
- Get content related to mobile app design & development with a heavy emphasis on UX, Xamarin, and collaboration with David Ortinau on Twitch.
- Hang with James Montemagno on Twitch Fridays at 2PM PST for .NET Coding, Xamarin, GitHub, & more.
- Watch Toronto Mobile Developers live stream their next user group event.
- Find localized content from LATAM by MVPs and community leaders.
Meetups are a great and fun way of meeting other like-minded developers, and joining one couldn’t be easier. Learn tricks & tips, discover the latest Xamarin and .NET have to offer or come just to be inspired.
- Get the most from browsing our Community page!
Find presentations for building native mobile applications for iOS and Android with .NET and Xamarin. Inside of each presentation folder contains PowerPoint presentation decks and README files containing information on the presentation.
- Browse through the Xamarin Community Slide Decks
The .NET Foundation is an independent organization to foster open development and collaboration around the .NET ecosystem. The foundation participates heavily across a variety of activities such as event sponsorships and speaker grants. They also assist with outreach and evangelism, providing technical support services, and expanding project onboarding and mentoring.
Join the .NET Foundation Meetup Pro Account and get support for your user group to:
- Cover Meetup fees;
- Promote your upcoming events;
- Access fun swag and giveaway items;
- Share the latest content for presentations;
- Provide news about upcoming releases and how to get involved.
In addition to the above, you can also utilize user group analytics, group visibility, and direct user group support for content and speakers. Join the .NET Foundation in June!
Business Operations Program Manager, Mobile/VS & .NET PM – R&D